FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
St. Paul, Minnesota (November 16, 2016) – Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities will be distributing 60,000 Thanksgiving meals during the holiday week – the largest food giveaway of its kind in Minnesota – to feed the hungry in our community.
- Potato Bagging: November 17, 18, and 19 – 36,000 pounds of potatoes donated by a farmer in Becker, MN are bagged by volunteers
- Over 11,500 bags of food distributed: November 21 and 22
- 1,600 Thanksgiving meals served onsite or delivered to local high rises: Thanksgiving Day, November 24
- Photo and video opportunities available at all events (2015 photos also attached)
- Events held at UGM Men’s Campus, 435 University Ave. E., St. Paul
Daniel Furry—Communications and Marketing Manager| firstname.lastname@example.org | 651-789-7570
Brian Molohon—Vice President of Development | email@example.com | 651-789-7600
About Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities
UGMTC provides Christ-centered, discipleship-oriented pathways and programs that restore dignity and wholeness to men, women, and children. The Union Gospel Mission (UGM), founded in 1902, is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving those who are homeless, poor and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives! The Mission helps people rebuild their lives by providing safe shelter, nutritious food, medical and dental care, and a broad variety of life-changing programs for children and adults. Our goal is to encourage each person to value themselves as God values them, to see the gifts they have to offer the world, and to help them seek out a bright future as a fully contributing member of our community.