OMG Media Solutions is honored to partner with the Minnesota State Fair and the Rae MacKenzie Group to create this special guest experience honoring a music genius that loved his home state of Minnesota and had a passion for unifying people of all types. It is a special moment for anyone that gets an opportunity to witness a genius at work and even more special when you use the gift to grow yourself and then share the gift with others to help them grow, explained Monique Linder, Founder of OMG Media Solutions. Prince was truly one of a kind.
Excerpt from Minnesota State Fair Press Release on August 8, 2016:
Minnesota State Fairgrounds—The Minnesota State Fair invites everyone to Unite in Purple and celebrate the life of Prince on Friday, Aug. 26 from 5 p.m. to close. Just like Prince, the State Fair brings people together, and together we will join in a State Fair-sized celebration of the life of Minnesota’s beloved icon. Everyone who attends is encouraged to wear purple as a tribute to our famed native son.
Visitors to the fair on the night of Aug. 26 will experience:
- Prince music, tributes and cover songs at stages throughout the fairgrounds
- A Fireworks Spectacular sponsored by Mazda featuring a Prince tribute
- A sea of fair visitors in purple and Prince gear
- A Prince Party in the Park with music and dancing led by GenerationNOW’s DJ Dudley D, Prince’s personal DJ, at Carousel Park
- Lavender lighting on iconic fair buildings and carnival rides
- A one-night-only Lasertainment’s Laser Hitz show featuring a Prince finale
- Unite in Purple glow bracelets for the first 5,000 guests through the gates after 5 p.m.
- Unite in Purple buttons for the first 7,500 visitors through the gates after 5 p.m.
Following Charlie Wilson and Fantasia’s show at the Grandstand, the evening will conclude with the Minnesota State Fair Fireworks Spectacular set entirely to Prince music and featuring a special pyrotechnic Prince tribute.
Unite in Purple is produced by the Minnesota State Fair in partnership with event marketing consultants Sharon Smith-Akinsanya of the rae mackenzie group, inc. and Monique Linder of OMG Media Solutions.
Click here for full press release.
The evening will be filled with music, with a concert by Charlie Wilson featuring Fantasia. Get ready to party. Click here to purchase tickets online.